We love giving away free products to our Wholistic Running fans! The winner of our most recent giveaway of 3 amazing Flora products valued at over $65 is… Continue reading
Wholistic Running fans,
We are giving away these 3 amazing Flora products that boost your immune system with the power of plants (total value over $60). To enter the giveaway, just go over to our WHOLISTIC RUNNING Facebook Page and give the most recent post a like. Also, follow Flora on FB and Twitter @florahealthy. We will announce a winner later this week!
- Flora’s Acerola powder is full of vitamin C and phytonutrients to ward off sickness.
- Elderberry Crystals are great for immune system support and may help you prevent sickness and reduce symptoms when already sick.
- Flora’s Deep Defense tea has echinacea, astragulus and more to boost your immune system.
We hope your winter running is going well and look forward to more amazing giveaways from Wholistic Running soon!
Lindsey & Damian
We want you to have an amazing year in 2018! Staying motivated, preventing injuries, having fun and training correctly are essential for your success and we wanted to share some tips for the upcoming new year.
- Stay motivated: Too many runners start the new year off strong and then give up running during the year. In order to stay on track you need achievable but challenging goals. Keeping track of your accomplishments and successes also inspires you to run more. Right down your goals and keep a log of your running (use an online service like Strava) to help you stay motivated this year.
- Run injury-free: This is a challenge for most runners and can ruin your entire year. Fortunately, most running injuries are preventable by learning and practicing your biomechanics and running technique. Training correctly is also important to prevent overuse injuries and having a proper training plan is essential. Finally, working on ‘pre-hab’ exercises 1-2 days a week is helpful.
- Train smarter, not harder: It’s our motto and by doing so you’ll be more successful, have more fun and get more results. Too many runners think they need to run more to do better and nothing could be farther from the truth. Your time is valuable and you don’t want to be wasting your time training without getting results. Rest days and the timing of your runs are so important for success. 3-5 days a week of running is optimal for most runners to get the best results. Make sure your days are purposeful and focus on quality runs.
- Have fun: If you aren’t having fun you aren’t running correctly. Enjoying running is essential for success and following the first 3 tips are important steps for every runner. If your running technique is good, your training plan is optimal and your goals are in your sights, you’ll deepen your love for running and be happier and healthier as a result.
Feel free to contact us with ANY questions. We are here to help you! Visit us at www.WholisticRunning.com to get started off right this new year.
Lindsey & Damian
Do you know someone who wants to run but struggles or doesn’t know where to begin, suffers from injuries or wants to be a better runner? Give them the gift that will help them do what they love – personal online coaching from professional runners & coaches.
“Damian’s online coaching was the best gift I ever got! His focuses taught me to run with zero pain so I can continue to do what I enjoy so much.” – Kris Warren from Des Moines, Iowa
Our one-of-a-kind comprehensive online coaching packages help everyone from beginner to competitive runners. With dedicated motivation & support from professionals, all runners will love this special gift for the holiday season.
Each coaching package includes:
- Custom, personalized training plans: Maximize training for your schedule & save time
- Run better, more efficient & pain-free with our Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement Plans
- Nutritional Coaching: Lose weight, feel better and save time
- Race Planning: Learn how to optimally prepare and perform at any distance
- Runner Specific Exercises: Simple & personalized
- Optional Online Video Analysis. Learn more…
Online coaching also includes optional weekly phone or Skype calls and unlimited email communications. Damian and Lindsey give you detailed and quick responses to all your questions and unlimited support during your entire plan. Everything a runner needs to be their best is included – the perfect gift!
Packages may be used at any time. Special discounts expire 12/25/17
One of the most common questions we get is, “Which shoes should I wear?” The right shoe for you won’t automatically make you run better. But the right shoe for you may help prevent injuries, reduce fatigue and provide adequate comfort and support specifically for your body allowing you to run your best. Keep reading to find out what we as professional runners and coaches recommend!
Staying motivated during the winter months can be challenging for everyone including beginner to elite runners. Thankfully there are ways to keep you motivated helping you prepare for your best year of running in 2018.
- Set smart, challenging goals: Examples of clear goals may include running 3 times a week, running a specific race or staying injury-free.
- Improve your running technique: Practicing your running form helps for a variety of reasons. Not only will it prevent future injuries but will help you run more efficiently and faster as well. Also, some people find that practicing their running technique is a meditation which is relaxing and joyful.
- Get a coach: A good coach will keep you motivated, challenged and on the right track to achieve your goals. By checking in regularly, an online coach gives support and encouragement so you see results while having fun.
- Keep track of your progress: Seeing results is fun! Running a specific route faster, a longer ‘long run’ or being injury-free are examples of goals that help you stay motivate. Again, an effective coach helps you achieve your goals and encourages you to celebrate your achievements.
What better gift is there to give the active person in your life than online coaching from professional runners & coaches? Nothing feels better than running pain-free, faster, farther and accomplishing those life long goals!
We have several Cyber Monday specials that are limited time only!
Are you ready to have your best year ever? Having an online coach dedicated to helping you succeed is the difference between accomplishing your goals and failing. Here are just a few ways the Wholistic Running coaches will help you:
- Become a better runner much quicker: We develop personalized training plans around your schedule while getting you the results you want. You’ll accomplish your goals quicker than if you trained without a coach.
- Prevent injuries: Too many runners get injured every year. On top of that, some coaches overtrain their athletes. We take a comprehensive approach and focus on injury prevention teaching you proper biomechanics helping you run faster and easier.
- Accomplish your goals no matter what level of runner you are: Some coaches only focus on elite runners. We help all levels of runners!
- Make nutrition & health gains: We help you reach your highest potential not just in running but in all aspects of life. Optimal nutrition strategies can help you lose weight, gain energy and run better.
- Develop recovery and racing strategies: Too many coaches just give generic training plans. We not only personalize training plans but give you clear strategies on how to recovery quickly, how to race optimally and prevent injuries.
- Motivate, educate and cheer you on: We all need motivation and encouragement when things get tough. We are personally dedicated to helping you succeed no matter what your goals are.
For a limited time we have discounts on our online coaching packages. Purchase a 3-month plan and get 1 month FREE. 6-month plans are $100 OFF. Find out more HERE.
-Damian Stoy is a professional runner, renowned coach & founder of Wholistic Running.
Lindsey & Damian wanted to say thanks for your support! We couldn’t help so many runners succeed without you.
We are looking forward to your most successful running year in 2018. As a thank you, we are offering two specials you don’t want to miss out on. Get $100 off 6-month coaching packages or receive 1 FREE additional month of coaching when you purchase a 3-month package. You can use your package at anytime. You may also purchase gift certificates for the special runner in your life.
*** Since we give personalized and individual attention to each of our athletes ensuring success, we cap out how many athletes we coach at one time. These 2 offers are only valid for the first 4 people that purchase plans so don’t miss out.
Lindsey’s Simple Roasted Vegetables
2-3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
2-3 medium beets, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 lb fresh baby bella mushrooms, diced
3-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T Flora Olive Oil
Preheat your oven to 365 and do your chopping while it’s heating. Then line a baking sheet (or 2) with parchment paper. Spread the cut up veggies evenly in both pans except for the mushrooms. Sprinkle with freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste and coat with oil.
Bake veggies for about 1 hour, but be sure and stir every 20 minutes. This will help to spread the oil evenly over the vegetables and prevent anything from burning. At about 20 minutes remaining add the mushrooms.
Coach Damian’s Special Lentils
1 cup yellow lentils
1 T Flora Omega Sport+ oil
3 cups water or veggie stock
1 T cumin
1/2 T ground ginger
1 Dash cinnamon to taste
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Cook on a stovetop, using 3 cups of liquid (water, stock or combo) to 1 cup of dry lentils. Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender. For whole lentils, cook time is typically 15-20 minutes.
When finished cooking, add spices and Omega Sport+. Be sure NOT to add sea salt until after lentils are finished cooking as the lentils will remain hard if you do so. You can leave these a bit chunky or blend until smooth and creamy. If you like them on the creamy side you can also add a touch of soy or almond milk.
Lindsey & Damian
Even if you don’t consider yourself an athlete, we believe there is an inner athlete in all of us. We all may have to dig a little deeper at times but that athlete is there. So get outside and do something you love! Explore. And do it on a daily basis. Life is too short to not to.
We are advocates of a Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) diet for many reasons, but one is because it increases your quality of life from the inside out. We believe this lifestyle is best for optimal health and overall wellness and can help you and your loved ones avoid major preventable diseases. The cool thing is that it’s good for the animals and environment too.
- Make sure you eat enough.
Many athletes and people in general fail on a WFPB diet because they fail to eat enough total calories. Whole plant foods in general are low in calories (except for things like nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut), but that’s the beauty of it all. We absolutely love food! We would rather be able to fill our stomachs full of lots of good food rather than only a little. People transitioning from a SAD (Standard American Diet) to a WFPB diet may not realize that they need to eat more food to get enough calories for their sport. Food=Fuel.
While we don’t recommend counting calories, we do recommend being mindful of how much (or little) you are eating, where the food came from and if it’s nutritious or not. Make sure to take time while you’re eating to not only fully chew your food, but to also allow yourself to be thankful you have a wonderful meal in front of you. This will not only help you slow down and actually enjoy what you’re eating, but will help your brain access how hungry you truly are.
2. Make sure you eat QUALITY.
I’m talking nutrient density here. Whole foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grain complex carbohydrates (oatmeal, buckwheat, brown or wild rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet, teff, popcorn, sweet potatoes, squash and other tuber vegetables), beans, lentils, chickpeas, peas, nuts (also nut butters) and seeds (chia, hemp, sesame, pumpkin) are all packed full of high quality nutrients that your body craves as an athlete.
These types of foods also give your body natural energy, reduce cravings, keep your immune system running well and help your body to recover faster by reducing inflammation. Do you see a pattern here? Pretty much any food that grows from the ground or a plant is considered quality. You can’t go wrong with whole foods. And that means eliminating anything refined and processed.
3. Eat often and eat the rainbow (and we’re not talking skittles here).
We recommend eating every 3-4 hours to help keep your blood sugar stable and your metabolism running high. This will also curb cravings and help you to not gorge yourself at dinner. Eating consistently throughout the day will leave you a happier, healthier person. We recommend eating bigger meals early on to make sure you’re giving your body the fuel it needs. Also aim to eat a variety of colors each day of fruit and vegetables. This ensures that you’re getting an array of disease fighting phytonutrients and antioxidants to keep your immune system running strong. Mix it up and have some fun. And don’t forget about fresh herbs and spices!
One thing that Damian and I do with some of our favorite meals it to constantly change the recipe and see what new ingredients we can add to a dish. Or just try a new fruit or vegetable each week. This helps keep food from getting boring, but also helps you get those 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
4. Always have a plan and extra food on hand.
Stuff happens and you always need to be ready. That’s pretty much the life of an athlete right? We always need to expect things to go wrong and have a backup plan of what to do next in order to succeed. The same rule applies to food. If we’re going somewhere, we always bring lunch, some extra snacks and water in case we end up being there longer than expected. This not only helps you stay on track with healthy eating, but also minimizes excuses…. “well, I was hungry and the donut was right there….” Besides, who knows how long that hike you’re on will last. We always tend to be out in nature longer than expected because the “majesticness” of it all sucks you in. Check out our recipe for energy bites if you happen to be out longer than expected too.
Damian Stoy, the founder of Wholistic Running, shares tips to get you immediately running faster, more efficient and with less impact. Give them a try!
To perfect your technique and receive personalized coaching designed specifically for YOU, sign up for our Online Coaching.