Are you ready to have your best year ever? Having an online coach dedicated to helping you succeed is the difference between accomplishing your goals and failing. Here are just a few ways the Wholistic Running coaches will help you:
- Become a better runner much quicker: We develop personalized training plans around your schedule while getting you the results you want. You’ll accomplish your goals quicker than if you trained without a coach.
- Prevent injuries: Too many runners get injured every year. On top of that, some coaches overtrain their athletes. We take a comprehensive approach and focus on injury prevention teaching you proper biomechanics helping you run faster and easier.
- Accomplish your goals no matter what level of runner you are: Some coaches only focus on elite runners. We help all levels of runners!
- Make nutrition & health gains: We help you reach your highest potential not just in running but in all aspects of life. Optimal nutrition strategies can help you lose weight, gain energy and run better.
- Develop recovery and racing strategies: Too many coaches just give generic training plans. We not only personalize training plans but give you clear strategies on how to recovery quickly, how to race optimally and prevent injuries.
- Motivate, educate and cheer you on: We all need motivation and encouragement when things get tough. We are personally dedicated to helping you succeed no matter what your goals are.
Gift certificates also available
-Damian Stoy is a professional runner, renowned coach & founder of Wholistic Running.
We are giving away a FREE Hammer hat valued at $19.95. To be entered into the giveaway, just make sure you ‘like’ our Wholistic Running Facebook page and like our most recent post.
Coach Damian’s Training Tip:
Did you know that most of your training runs should be very easy? If you want to progress quickly with your training, you need to be able to recover between harder workouts. Also, you want to periodize your training plan so you don’t plateau and instead are making consistent gains. For example, if you are running 4 times a week, 3 of those runs should be at an easy, conversational pace and you should back off 1 week a month on your training.
Coach Lindsey’s Recovery Tip:
After each run, you want to make sure you consume about 200-300 calories of carbohydrate rich food. A carbohydrate:protein ration of 4:1 is ideal which you can get from a smoothie, bowl of oatmeal or banana with almond butter. Doing so will ensure your next run goes optimally.
Don’t forget about our biggest sale ever. Monthly coaching packages are just $120 (reg. $169) till this Saturday. Packages include personalized training plans, nutritional coaching, technique guidance & more. Save big here!
This #1 technique tip can help you instantly run:
- Faster with less effort
- With less impact & pain
- With no heel strike
So what’s the tip? Running with an optimal cadence!
Optimal cadence for most runners is around 170-185 steps per minute. Unfortunately, most runners have a lower cadence and as a result run with more impact, more effort and a slower pace. By finding your optimal cadence (and most likely increasing it) you’ll find that running is easier and you feel lighter. You will have less braking forces so less pain in your knees, back, feet and hips.
To practice finding your optimal cadence, use a running metronome or metronome app on your smartphone. Play with between 170-185 steps per minute. To achieve this cadence, do NOT run faster. Instead, take smaller steps. Focus on opening your stride behind you and not out in front of you. Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions!
Let us help you find your optimal cadence and start running easier and faster today. Our 1-month coaching packages are on SALE. They are regularly $169 and are now $120 till 11/4/17. Our packages include training plans, technique guidance, nutritional support and more. To find out more and purchase a plan, go HERE.
Many runners want to run faster but oftentimes train harder and longer with little to no results. The solution isn’t training harder, it is training smarter. Too often runners and coaches address only one or maybe two of the major physiological factors in improving running performance. We’d like to share how to address the 3 major factors so that you perform your best.
3 major physiological factors for running performance:
1. Oxygen Consumption– The more efficient your body is at using oxygen, the easier it is to run and the faster you will run. Some ways to improve oxygen consumption are training or living at high elevation, long ‘aerobic’ type runs, anaerobic VO2 max type workouts and optimal nutrition to enhance oxygen supply to your muscles.
2. Lactate Threshold– Improving your lactate threshold will allow your muscles to work harder and longer before they fail. Interval, speed and strength training all help improve your lactate threshold.
3. Running Efficiency– Often the most undervalued and overlooked aspect from coaches and runners for an optimal training plan. Improving your running efficiency by practicing an efficient running technique can also be the quickest and easiest way to improve your running performance as well as reduce your chances for injury.
All runners should work on ALL 3 aspects for not only optimal performance but injury prevention and running enjoyment. Finding a training plan and coach that is knowledgeable and professional in addressing these 3 major physiological components will ensure that you perform your best.
We at Wholistic Running help runners of all levels easily address these 3 components with our Online Coaching Plans. We offer individualized training plans that improve both oxygen consumption and lactate threshold to increase your overall fitness while saving you time. You also get running technique analysis and personalized technique plans specifically designed for you to improve your running economy as well as nutritional coaching to boost your energy, stamina and strength. Why not easily do everything you can to perform the best ever while having fun AND saving time?
Damian & Lindsey