Now is the best time to start preparing for your 2020 running goals. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, run your first 5k or run a PR in your next marathon, here are some tips to ensure you not only reach but exceed your goals.
- Choose specific goals: Write down your goals that you’d like to accomplish. Examples include “finish a 5k AND have fun”, “run a sub 3:30 marathon” or “lose 20 pounds and run injury-free all year”. A good coach will help you choose attainable goals which will keep you motivated and on track to succeed.
- Have a well designed plan: In order to accomplish your goals, you need to have a plan that is proven to work AND personalized for you. The plan must be realistic and work with your schedule and lifestyle in order to be successful.
- Stick to your plan: This part can be tricky for many people because of injuries, lack of motivation and time constraints. You don’t need to stick to your plan 100%, in fact you shouldn’t have to. But you do need to put the work in and stay motivated. You should see gradual improvement and have fun doing so. This is where a professional coach designing personalized training plans will help you greatly.
- Execute and exceed your goals: Now that you’ve been the time into training, you’ll want to make sure your race or specific goal is accomplished. Knowing specific tips and using the latest scientific techniques will help you do just that. The right coach will give you the confidence you need and tips to not only reach your goals but exceed them.
Black Friday Deal: Receive 1 month FREE additional coaching when you sign up for a 6-Month Online Coaching Package
Wholistic Running provides personalized, custom training plans designed specifically for you. Our comprehensive approach ensures you are successful no matter what your goals are. Each coaching package includes nutritional coaching, unlimited email & phone conversations, personalized training plans, injury prevention plans & more.
Damian Stoy, founder of Wholistic Running
Who doesn’t want to be a better runner? For me, becoming a better runner doesn’t just mean being faster and winning races. It’s about being healthy, injury-free and doing the right things to help you achieve and exceed your running goals. Here are some of my tips to help you be a better runner:
1. Improve your running technique: Becoming a more efficient runner usually results in instant benefits including less impact and more speed. It’s important to learn from an expert like myself if you want to best improve your technique.
2. Proper training: Too many runners train poorly and get injured, burnt out or do not reach their goals. Learning from an expert who gets results is very important. Find a coach that you connect with. An online coach should give personal attention and help with technique, training, injury prevention, nutrition and racing. A good coach will keep you on track, motivated and help you with every small detail. The best coaches focus on quality runs and not quantity or lots of mileage.
3. Set reasonable goals: Choose specific, achievable goals. Be sure to celebrate when you reach them and then set your sites higher. You can do it!
4. Optimal nutrition: Everyone is different and finding the optimal nutrition and diet for each individual is key. Focus on whole foods for best results (fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, quinoa, sweet potatoes etc). Choose one goal such as eating a salad everyday and stick with it.
5.. Other important factors: Getting adequate sleep is key. You’ll recover quicker and be able to run your best. Stay extra hydrated EVERY day. Be prepared for your races by learning about them as much as possible (a coach should help with this as well). Finally, focus on your overall health, happiness and well being. You don’t need to be perfect about anything, do your best and a little goes a long way.
Damian Stoy is the founder of Wholistic Running and coaches runners from around the world. Learn more about his comprehensive coaching HERE
Need help with Nutrition? Our nutrition expert Lindsey Hintz can help YOU!
Happy Spring everyone! It’s that time of year when many runners are planning and preparing for the upcoming running season. It’s important to have clear goals and a good understanding of how exactly to reach your goals. Our mission at Wholistic Running is helping runners meet and exceed their goals plus helping you better your health, reduce injuries and have more fun!
Here are some tips for you:
- Write down specific goals for the upcoming year
- Have a plan and do your best to stick to it
- Celebrate your progress and accomplishments
- Don’t give up when things don’t go perfectly as planned
- Find a coach that you connect with and will help you every step of the way
Taking a ‘wholistic’ approach to your running will help you accomplish your goals quicker. We at Wholistic Running do just that by helping runners with:
- Individualized & specific online training plans
- Nutritional coaching for optimal energy, recovery and performance
- Injury prevention through proper training and running technique assistance
- Motivation and support during your entire journey
- Race planning, prep and expert coaching before, during and after races
Find our more about our comprehensive online coaching packages HERE
Damian & Lindsey