Who doesn’t want to be a better runner? For me, becoming a better runner doesn’t just mean being faster and winning races. It’s about being healthy, injury-free and doing the right things to help you achieve and exceed your running goals. Here are some of my tips to help you be a better runner:
1. Improve your running technique: Becoming a more efficient runner usually results in instant benefits including less impact and more speed. It’s important to learn from an expert like myself if you want to best improve your technique.
2. Proper training: Too many runners train poorly and get injured, burnt out or do not reach their goals. Learning from an expert who gets results is very important. Find a coach that you connect with. An online coach should give personal attention and help with technique, training, injury prevention, nutrition and racing. A good coach will keep you on track, motivated and help you with every small detail. The best coaches focus on quality runs and not quantity or lots of mileage.
3. Set reasonable goals: Choose specific, achievable goals. Be sure to celebrate when you reach them and then set your sites higher. You can do it!
4. Optimal nutrition: Everyone is different and finding the optimal nutrition and diet for each individual is key. Focus on whole foods for best results (fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, quinoa, sweet potatoes etc). Choose one goal such as eating a salad everyday and stick with it.
5.. Other important factors: Getting adequate sleep is key. You’ll recover quicker and be able to run your best. Stay extra hydrated EVERY day. Be prepared for your races by learning about them as much as possible (a coach should help with this as well). Finally, focus on your overall health, happiness and well being. You don’t need to be perfect about anything, do your best and a little goes a long way.
Damian Stoy is the founder of Wholistic Running and coaches runners from around the world. Learn more about his comprehensive coaching HERE
Need help with Nutrition? Our nutrition expert Lindsey Hintz can help YOU!
Are you ready to have your best year ever? Having an online coach dedicated to helping you succeed is the difference between accomplishing your goals and failing. Here are just a few ways the Wholistic Running coaches will help you:
- Become a better runner much quicker: We develop personalized training plans around your schedule while getting you the results you want. You’ll accomplish your goals quicker than if you trained without a coach.
- Prevent injuries: Too many runners get injured every year. On top of that, some coaches overtrain their athletes. We take a comprehensive approach and focus on injury prevention teaching you proper biomechanics helping you run faster and easier.
- Accomplish your goals no matter what level of runner you are: Some coaches only focus on elite runners. We help all levels of runners!
- Make nutrition & health gains: We help you reach your highest potential not just in running but in all aspects of life. Optimal nutrition strategies can help you lose weight, gain energy and run better.
- Develop recovery and racing strategies: Too many coaches just give generic training plans. We not only personalize training plans but give you clear strategies on how to recovery quickly, how to race optimally and prevent injuries.
- Motivate, educate and cheer you on: We all need motivation and encouragement when things get tough. We are personally dedicated to helping you succeed no matter what your goals are.
Gift certificates also available
-Damian Stoy is a professional runner, renowned coach & founder of Wholistic Running.
This #1 technique tip can help you instantly run:
- Faster with less effort
- With less impact & pain
- With no heel strike
So what’s the tip? Running with an optimal cadence!
Optimal cadence for most runners is around 170-185 steps per minute. Unfortunately, most runners have a lower cadence and as a result run with more impact, more effort and a slower pace. By finding your optimal cadence (and most likely increasing it) you’ll find that running is easier and you feel lighter. You will have less braking forces so less pain in your knees, back, feet and hips.
To practice finding your optimal cadence, use a running metronome or metronome app on your smartphone. Play with between 170-185 steps per minute. To achieve this cadence, do NOT run faster. Instead, take smaller steps. Focus on opening your stride behind you and not out in front of you. Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions!
Let us help you find your optimal cadence and start running easier and faster today. Our 1-month coaching packages are on SALE. They are regularly $169 and are now $120 till 11/4/17. Our packages include training plans, technique guidance, nutritional support and more. To find out more and purchase a plan, go HERE.