The foods you eat can greatly enhance your well being. Check out our list of 5 foods you can easily add into your daily diet to run and feel better.
1. Beets are scientifically proven to increase performance. Eat them fresh or conviently put Flora Red Beet Crystals into a smoothie.
2. Chia seeds are high in omega-3’s which reduce inflammation naturally. Also, just 2 tbsp of chia seeds give you the following RDA’s: 13% calcium, 41% iron, 19% magnesium and 20% selenium.
3. Quinoa is a staple in our diets. Just 1 cup of quinoa provides 39% B6, 22% folate, 75% iron, 47% magnesium and 27% zinc for your RDA and is only 222 calories. That is nutrient dense!
4. Goji berries are a superfood high in nutrients and one of the world’s highest sources of antioxidants. Goji berries are also an adaptogen that improves stamina and increases energy. Our favorite are Flora’s Heaven Mountain Goji Berries.
5. Sweet potatoes are another staple in our diet. The Okinawan’s, some of the longest living people’s on the planet, diet consisted of about 67% sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are nutrient dense and super tasty.
Lindsey’s favorite smoothie recipe:
2 T chia seeds
1 cup mixed berries
1 scoop Flora Beet Crystals
1 cup mixed greens
12 oz water or soy millk
handful of Flora goji berries
-Lindsey Hintz, M.S. in Holistic Nutrition and certified in Plant-based Nutrition from the T. Colin Cambell Center for Nutritional Studies at Cornell, the founder of Wholicious Living and an elite runner
Be sure to check out our Online Coaching & Nutritional Coaching pages