Our Superfood Quinoa Salad recipe is delicious and a fantastic choice for a pre-race dinner or post-workout meal for recovery. This recipe is quick, easy and serves 2.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained well
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 green onions chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 handful of cilantro, rough chopped (about 1/4 cup)
Recipe: Cook the quinoa using 1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups water for 15-20 minutes. While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the olive oil, cumin, garlic, lime, salt and cayenne (if using) together in the bottom of a large bowl while you chop the veggies. Rinse and drain the black beans, then chop the veggies. Add the cooked quinoa, beans and veggies to the bowl and gently fold it all together with the dressing. The quinoa can be warm, room temp, or cold when you make the dish. Enjoy immediately or let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Happy Eating & Running,
Lindsey Hintz, M.S. Sports Nutrition & Peformance