Eating a whole foods, plant-based diet is essential for overall health and well-being. The addition of specific superfoods can give you added benefits and help you perform optimally. Keep reading to see what foods elite ultramarathon runner Damian Stoy adds to his diet for optimal health, enhanced recovery and peak performance.
- Super greens: Barley Grass, spirulina and chlorella are alkalizing, full of nutrients and full of powerful anti-oxidants such as Superoxide dismutase (SOD).
- Enzymes and probiotics: Essential for healthy digestion and helpful for quick recovery.
- Flax and chia seeds: Full of omega-3s which are natural anti-inflammatories.
- Powerful herbs: Turmeric, ginkgo biloba, aloe, grape seed extract and ginger are natural anti-inflammatories and speed up the healing process.
- Super fruits: Goji berries, mangosteen, and acai enhance overall health and performance.
Macro Greens and Miracle Reds are the perfect source for these super foods. Damian uses Macro Greens and Miracle Reds daily and always adds them to his post-run meal or smoothie. He also enjoys the MacroLife superfood bars which he eats before, during and after runs.
Damian’s superfood smoothie for optimal performance and recovery: