To run ‘better’ means something different for every person. For some it means running faster, farther or to set personal records. For some it means running pain-free with more joy and freedom. For you to run YOUR best, contrary to popular belief, your best results come from running smarter, not harder.
What does running smarter mean?
It’s that time of year when you’re maybe getting ready for a race and increasing your training. Our goal is to help you make sure you’re doing it right so you achieve your goals quicker, prevent injuries, have more fun and run better than ever. Check out our post run recipe which will help you recover faster so your next run is even better.
Our nutrition expert Lindsey shares her passion for running & nutrition
Also, check out our Online Coaching Page where we our offering $20 OFF our 1-month coaching package (expires 4/9). Run your best with coaching from the pros. Our coaching packages include personalized training plans, nutritional coaching, technique guidance and much more to help you run your best.
Post Run Smoothie
16 oz water
1 cup greens (kale, spinach etc)
1 T chia seeds
1 T ground flax seed
1 scoop Hammer Chocolate Vegan Protein
1 T maca
1 ripe banana
1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
1 T moringa
1 inch slice of fresh ginger (optional)
1/4 inch slice fresh turmeric (optional)
Damian & Lindsey
Happy Spring everyone! It’s that time of year when many runners are planning and preparing for the upcoming running season. It’s important to have clear goals and a good understanding of how exactly to reach your goals. Our mission at Wholistic Running is helping runners meet and exceed their goals plus helping you better your health, reduce injuries and have more fun!
Here are some tips for you:
- Write down specific goals for the upcoming year
- Have a plan and do your best to stick to it
- Celebrate your progress and accomplishments
- Don’t give up when things don’t go perfectly as planned
- Find a coach that you connect with and will help you every step of the way
Taking a ‘wholistic’ approach to your running will help you accomplish your goals quicker. We at Wholistic Running do just that by helping runners with:
- Individualized & specific online training plans
- Nutritional coaching for optimal energy, recovery and performance
- Injury prevention through proper training and running technique assistance
- Motivation and support during your entire journey
- Race planning, prep and expert coaching before, during and after races
Find our more about our comprehensive online coaching packages HERE
Damian & Lindsey
We love giving away free products to our Wholistic Running fans! The winner of our most recent giveaway of 3 amazing Flora products valued at over $65 is… Continue reading
Wholistic Running fans,
We are giving away these 3 amazing Flora products that boost your immune system with the power of plants (total value over $60). To enter the giveaway, just go over to our WHOLISTIC RUNNING Facebook Page and give the most recent post a like. Also, follow Flora on FB and Twitter @florahealthy. We will announce a winner later this week!
- Flora’s Acerola powder is full of vitamin C and phytonutrients to ward off sickness.
- Elderberry Crystals are great for immune system support and may help you prevent sickness and reduce symptoms when already sick.
- Flora’s Deep Defense tea has echinacea, astragulus and more to boost your immune system.
We hope your winter running is going well and look forward to more amazing giveaways from Wholistic Running soon!
Lindsey & Damian
We want you to have an amazing year in 2018! Staying motivated, preventing injuries, having fun and training correctly are essential for your success and we wanted to share some tips for the upcoming new year.
- Stay motivated: Too many runners start the new year off strong and then give up running during the year. In order to stay on track you need achievable but challenging goals. Keeping track of your accomplishments and successes also inspires you to run more. Right down your goals and keep a log of your running (use an online service like Strava) to help you stay motivated this year.
- Run injury-free: This is a challenge for most runners and can ruin your entire year. Fortunately, most running injuries are preventable by learning and practicing your biomechanics and running technique. Training correctly is also important to prevent overuse injuries and having a proper training plan is essential. Finally, working on ‘pre-hab’ exercises 1-2 days a week is helpful.
- Train smarter, not harder: It’s our motto and by doing so you’ll be more successful, have more fun and get more results. Too many runners think they need to run more to do better and nothing could be farther from the truth. Your time is valuable and you don’t want to be wasting your time training without getting results. Rest days and the timing of your runs are so important for success. 3-5 days a week of running is optimal for most runners to get the best results. Make sure your days are purposeful and focus on quality runs.
- Have fun: If you aren’t having fun you aren’t running correctly. Enjoying running is essential for success and following the first 3 tips are important steps for every runner. If your running technique is good, your training plan is optimal and your goals are in your sights, you’ll deepen your love for running and be happier and healthier as a result.
Feel free to contact us with ANY questions. We are here to help you! Visit us at www.WholisticRunning.com to get started off right this new year.
Lindsey & Damian
Do you know someone who wants to run but struggles or doesn’t know where to begin, suffers from injuries or wants to be a better runner? Give them the gift that will help them do what they love – personal online coaching from professional runners & coaches.
“Damian’s online coaching was the best gift I ever got! His focuses taught me to run with zero pain so I can continue to do what I enjoy so much.” – Kris Warren from Des Moines, Iowa
Our one-of-a-kind comprehensive online coaching packages help everyone from beginner to competitive runners. With dedicated motivation & support from professionals, all runners will love this special gift for the holiday season.
Each coaching package includes:
- Custom, personalized training plans: Maximize training for your schedule & save time
- Run better, more efficient & pain-free with our Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement Plans
- Nutritional Coaching: Lose weight, feel better and save time
- Race Planning: Learn how to optimally prepare and perform at any distance
- Runner Specific Exercises: Simple & personalized
- Optional Online Video Analysis. Learn more…
Online coaching also includes optional weekly phone or Skype calls and unlimited email communications. Damian and Lindsey give you detailed and quick responses to all your questions and unlimited support during your entire plan. Everything a runner needs to be their best is included – the perfect gift!
1 Month Online Coaching Package:
$169 Special $125
3 Months Package Online Coaching Package: $395
6 Months Online Coaching Package: $650
Injury Prevention & Performance Plan:
Packages may be used at any time. Special discounts expire 12/25/17
One of the most common questions we get is, “Which shoes should I wear?” The right shoe for you won’t automatically make you run better. But the right shoe for you may help prevent injuries, reduce fatigue and provide adequate comfort and support specifically for your body allowing you to run your best. Keep reading to find out what we as professional runners and coaches recommend!
Staying motivated during the winter months can be challenging for everyone including beginner to elite runners. Thankfully there are ways to keep you motivated helping you prepare for your best year of running in 2018.
- Set smart, challenging goals: Examples of clear goals may include running 3 times a week, running a specific race or staying injury-free.
- Improve your running technique: Practicing your running form helps for a variety of reasons. Not only will it prevent future injuries but will help you run more efficiently and faster as well. Also, some people find that practicing their running technique is a meditation which is relaxing and joyful.
- Get a coach: A good coach will keep you motivated, challenged and on the right track to achieve your goals. By checking in regularly, an online coach gives support and encouragement so you see results while having fun.
- Keep track of your progress: Seeing results is fun! Running a specific route faster, a longer ‘long run’ or being injury-free are examples of goals that help you stay motivate. Again, an effective coach helps you achieve your goals and encourages you to celebrate your achievements.
What better gift is there to give the active person in your life than online coaching from professional runners & coaches? Nothing feels better than running pain-free, faster, farther and accomplishing those life long goals!
We have several Cyber Monday specials that are limited time only!
Gift certificates can be found here
Are you ready to have your best year ever? Having an online coach dedicated to helping you succeed is the difference between accomplishing your goals and failing. Here are just a few ways the Wholistic Running coaches will help you:
- Become a better runner much quicker: We develop personalized training plans around your schedule while getting you the results you want. You’ll accomplish your goals quicker than if you trained without a coach.
- Prevent injuries: Too many runners get injured every year. On top of that, some coaches overtrain their athletes. We take a comprehensive approach and focus on injury prevention teaching you proper biomechanics helping you run faster and easier.
- Accomplish your goals no matter what level of runner you are: Some coaches only focus on elite runners. We help all levels of runners!
- Make nutrition & health gains: We help you reach your highest potential not just in running but in all aspects of life. Optimal nutrition strategies can help you lose weight, gain energy and run better.
- Develop recovery and racing strategies: Too many coaches just give generic training plans. We not only personalize training plans but give you clear strategies on how to recovery quickly, how to race optimally and prevent injuries.
- Motivate, educate and cheer you on: We all need motivation and encouragement when things get tough. We are personally dedicated to helping you succeed no matter what your goals are.
Gift certificates also available
-Damian Stoy is a professional runner, renowned coach & founder of Wholistic Running.